The Navy Yard of 2014 is very different from the Navy Yard of 2007, before the ballpark opened. The Capitol Skyline Hotel is no longer the only place to go for recreational fun and condo and co-op projects have popped up en masse. Yet, the transformation of the Capitol Riverfront is not done and the construction on neighboring Waterfront has just begun. As such, Curbed has decided to round up all of the construction sites in Navy Yard and Southwest D.C. in the handy map below. For the record, projects like Congressional Square, 99M and the Homewood Suites that haven't actually broken ground have been left off this map. This is only a look at current, active construction projects (and one massive demolition site). The more tower cranes, the better, but if you know of a project that we missed, please tell us in the comments.
· Checking In: An Updated Map Of D.C.'s Anticipated Hotels [CDC]
· Art Yards Shows The Poetry Of A Partially Destroyed Mural [CDC]
· The Most Absurd Statement At The Wharf's Groundbreaking [CDC]
· Affordable Renewal: Breaking Ground At Capitol Quarter [CDC]
· UPDATED! All the Construction in D.C.'s Central Neighborhoods [CDC]