The D.C. region is full of hiking trails within a quick drive, or even a walk or Metro ride. From Harpers Ferry to Theodore Roosevelt Island, see in the map below where you can get active outdoors.
- Would you rather bike? Here’s a map of the region’s best bike trails.
- Prefer the water? Dive into these boating options, spray parks, and public pools.
- Hoping to explore non-touristy sites in the city? Here are 30 recommendations.
- While you’re getting some fresh air, don’t miss these gardens and green spaces.
- Love Rock Creek Park in particular? Check out these trails worth seeking there.
- Have kids? Families can find things to do around the area with this handy map.
If you have any other hiking suggestions, let us know in the comments.Read More