While there are over 200 films set in Washington, D.C., very rarely are movies ever actually filmed in the nation's capital. More often than not, filmmakers head towards other states for generous givebacks. For example, both of HBO's hit political TV series, House of Cards and Veep are mostly filmed in Maryland. According to DCist, Washington, D.C. hasn't paid a cent in film incentives since 2010. While the city remains empty of camera crews, it's still showcased with lights, camera, and action in movies like The Exorcist and National Treasure. If interested in taking a tour of Washington, D.C.'s most film-worthy locations, check out the map below of 10 movies that captured the District's good side.
· Top 10 Photos of D.C.'s Utter Destruction in Disaster Movies [Curbed DC]
· The Ultimate National Treasure Filming Map of America [Curbed DC]
· Mapping the Filming Locations of The Exorcist [Curbed DC]
· Mapping the Filming Locations of The Recruit [Curbed DC]
· Mapping the Filming Locations of All the President's Men [Curbed DC]