Activists are fighting against a major development planned near the Anacostia Metro station that is one of the proposed D.C. Amazon HQ2 sites. DCist reports that Aristotle Theresa filed a June lawsuit with the D.C. Court of Appeals against zoning approval of the Columbian Quarter, arguing that the mixed-use project would fundamentally change the neighborhood and lead to displacement of current residents.
- Community Activists Are Trying To Stop This Development From Going Up In Anacostia [DCist]
- D.C. Site Pitched For Amazon HQ2 Facing Activist Appeal [Bisnow]
- Planned Poplar Point redevelopment increases retail, pedestrian-friendliness [Curbed DC]
- Plans for Poplar Point advancing, though slowly [Curbed DC]
- Massive Poplar Point project revised with ground-floor retail, no ‘glass wall’ [Curbed DC]