Get ready to see electric scooters all over the sidewalks of Arlington, not just D.C. The new transportation craze inspired think pieces about “scooter bros,” and now Bird’s dockless electric scooter fleet is expanding across the Key Bridge. ARLnow reports that Bird dropped its scooters in Ballston, Clarendon, Crystal City, Pentagon City and along Columbia Pike.
Bird isn’t the only electric scooter company to launch in D.C.; other competing brands include Waybots and LimeBike. But the fast-growing Bird is the first of these to expand into Arlington, according to ARLnow.
- Bird’s Dockless Electric Scooters Now Available in Arlington [ARLnow]
- Bird, the electric scooter company, may become a billion-dollar startup [Curbed]
- Waybots’s scooter-sharing service arrives in D.C. [Curbed DC]
- LimeBike debuts electric-assist scooters in D.C. [Curbed DC]
- Will dockless bikes and scooters take over city sidewalks? [Curbed]