The Smithsonian Institution’s $2 billion South Campus revitalization project is anticipated to take one big step forward next month. Linda St. Thomas, chief spokesperson for the Smithsonian, told the Washington Business Journal that she expects the National Capital Planning Commission to approve the Smithsonian’s South Mall Campus plan at its June 7 hearing.
This project is anticipated to be funded by a combination of federal appropriations and private monies, and WBJ reports that construction might take another decade to begin.
- The Smithsonian’s revised $2B south campus plan is nearing its approval. Have a peek into the future. [WBJ]
- $2B Smithsonian south campus redevelopment gets revised [Curbed DC]
- Smithsonian expects $2B south campus redevelopment to start by 2022 [Curbed DC]
- What to expect from Smithsonian’s $2B master plan [Curbed DC]
- Peek at Bjarke Ingels Group’s new Dumbo office [Curbed]