For $8 million, this Georgetown penthouse has left the market, making it Washington, D.C’s most expensive condo sold in 2018 so far. The condo first made headlines in June 2015 due to it having the possibility of breaking the city’s record for most expensive condo ever sold. This listing first landed on the market for $13.95 million. In April 2017, it experienced a price chop, dropping to $9.95 million.
Washington Business Journal reported that the record for priciest condo sale in the D.C. area is a Parc Somerset unit in Chevy Chase that sold in July 2014 for $8.65 million, or about $1,283 per square foot. The most expensive condo sold in D.C. proper is in Woodley Park’s historic Wardman Tower, which sold in May 2017 for $8.4 million. With this, Christopher Ritzert of TTR Sotheby’s International Realty reports that recently sold Georgetown penthouse ranks as the second priciest condo ever sold in the city. At the time that it was sold, it was listed privately.
When the condo was first listed, the owners, Digital System Resources founder Richard Carroll and his wife Suzanne, told the Wall Street Journal that they planned on selling their property because they were retiring. The new owner is still anonymous.
The unit comes with four bedrooms and six bathrooms across over 6,000 square feet of space. It also includes an approximately 3,000-square-feet of outdoor space, a wraparound terrace, roof garden, gym, and four parking spaces.
• 3150 South Street NW Ph 2A [Redfin]
• D.C.’s most expensive condo just got a price chop [Curbed DC]
• D.C.’s 10 most expensive homes sold in 2017 [Curbed DC]
· A $13.95 Million Condo Could Set a Washington, D.C., Record [Wall Street Journal]
• At $8.4M, Wardman Tower condo nearly sets record for most expensive ever sold in D.C. [Washington Business Journal]
• This really is the most expensive condo in the D.C. metro area [Washington Business Journal]