A Downtown office building, located at 1333 H Street NW, has completed its renovation. The redevelopment involved designing a new facade, lobby, and tying the property’s two buildings together seamlessly.
The property consists of two Class A office buildings, one built in 1912 and the other in 1982. In 1989, George Washington University sold the property to New York Life Insurance Co. It later sold six more times over a course of 25 years before finally changing hands to the partnership of MRP Realty and Rockpoint Group. MRP Realty later sold the building in December 2015.
Currently, the building is 95 percent leased to tenants that include Reuters, Center for American Progress, and The Institute of International Finance, Inc. The location is only three blocks away from the Metro Center station.
The architecture firm behind the renovation was Gensler.
• This downtown D.C. office property just sold for the sixth time in 25 years [Washington Business Journal]
• 1333 H Street [MRP Realty]