After 44 years as an award-winning developer in the Baltimore-Washington, D.C. region, President of RWN Development Richard Naing is retiring. Because of this, Naing is placing his Maryland properties on the market. According to a press release, he hopes to eventually return to his native Myanmar to assist developers there.
The majority of the properties are located in downtown Baltimore, such as The Hotel Brexton and The Court Square Building. Many of the properties are also either restored or under renovation.
Below, see which projects are now up for grabs.
- The Court Square Building (200 E. Lexington Street, Baltimore): 20-story redevelopment opportunity for a hotel, apartments and/or offices plus retail
- Bourbon Street/Former Hammerjacks (316-318 Guilford Avenue, Baltimore): 100-story high-rise available for development or adaptive re-use into a food court/market, offices, or retail/restaurant
- The Hotel Brexton & 913 Tysons (Baltimore): 29-room boutique hotel and adjoining townhouse
- Inn at the Colonnade (4 W. University Parkway, Baltimore): Doubletree by Hilton Hotel with 125 rooms, private garage, and extensive patios and meeting areas
- Mt. Vernon Apartments (902-904 St. Paul Street, Baltimore): 16 renovated duplex and studio apartments
- District Courthouse (310 Gay Street, Cambridge): Renovated with a new 10-year State of Maryland lease
- Units 201, 203, 205, and 207 (Pierside, Baltimore) Four commercial waterfront offices leased to one tenant for 10 years
If interested in one of the properties, Naing has said that he will also consider partnerships and other arrangements such as trade for a yacht or an exchange for real estate.