Washington, D.C.’s northeast neighborhood, Brookland, may end up getting a new pop-up, or a development where at least one floor is added to the top of an existing building. The planned project, known as The Brookland [UPDATE: The name will likely change; “The Brookland” is a placeholder], will be located at 3614-3616 12th Street NE with a total of 11 units. According to The Brookland Bridge, the rowhouses on the site are or previously were used for businesses
If approved as is, the units would break down as follows:
- Three one-bedroom, one-bathroom units,
- One one-bedroom, one-bathroom unit with an additional den,
- Four two-bedroom, two-bathroom units,
- One three-bedroom, two-bathroom unit, and
- Two three-bedroom, two-and-a-half-bathroom units
The project is estimated to deliver by late 2018. The developer behind the project is Lock 7 Development.
The project is not to be confused with Brookland Apartments, located at 3220 12th Street NE.
• 11 unit “pop up” development, the Brookland, may be coming to 12th Street [The Brookland Bridge]