This summer, expect temperatures to soar into the upper 90s and more. While pools are a great way to cool off, they’re certainly not an option for every day. Instead, let’s brainstorm ways to find free air conditioning.
Here are some nominations from Curbed DC:
- In Columbia Heights, any of the big box retail (e.g., Bed Bath & Beyond)
- The Kogod Courtyard at the National Portrait Gallery
- The courtyard at the Marriott Marquis by the Convention Center
- The Capitol Visitor’s Center
- The lobby in The Monaco
- Union Market
- The Fort Dupont Ice Arena
Do you know of any other air-conditioned areas that are perfect for relaxing in during the summer? Leave a comment or send a tip by emailing email@example.com.
For those in New York, here is a handy map of locations where you can find free air conditioning during the heat wave. Here, you can also see a map for those in Los Angeles. Finally, for Philly residents, here is another map that you should keep close at hand.