When preparing for the Fourth of July, people often consider what food or drinks to prepare, what spots to watch the fireworks, and where to stay for the night, but never parking. Make this year’s commute a little bit easier by reserving a space early with help from SpotHero.
Below, SpotHero provided a list of recommendations for those looking to park near the fireworks and away from the crowds, or looking to find a place to park for the entire weekend.
Have any other recommendations? Leave a comment below.
If you want to park near the fireworks:
- 601 Pennsylvania Ave. NW is a short walk to the National Mall. This valet garage is located on 6th St NW at the intersection of C St NW, just south of Cosi and diagonally across from the Newseum. Enter at 320 6th St NW. Cost: $15 (7am – 11:30pm)
- 505 9th St. NW is also a short walk to the National Mall. Enter this location at 560 8th St. NW between F and E Streets NW. Cost: $11 evening only (5pm – midnight) or $22 all day (6am – midnight)
- 1500 Wilson Blvd. offers excellent vantage points in Arlington at a great price. Enter this parking garage at 1501 Clarendon Blvd. Cost: $5 (5pm – 11pm)
If you want to park away from the crowds:
- 1501 K St NW is about a mile from the National Mall. The garage is located on the north side of K St. NW between 15th St. NW and 16th St. NW. Cost: $8 (5:30pm – 10:30pm)
- 1225 1st St NE is the Hilton Garden Inn valet garage located on the east side of First St. NE between M St NE and N St. NE. It is about a mile from the Capitol. Get there early and enjoy the concert beginning at 8pm. Cost: $10 (5pm – 11pm)
- 2121 M St NW is the valet garage at the Hyatt Place Georgetown. The valet stand is directly in front of the pedestrian entrance of the hotel. It is about a mile walk to the Lincoln Memorial, where the fireworks are launched. Cost: $25 (7am – midnight)
If you’re spending the weekend in D.C.:
- 2300 M St. NW is the garage for The Westin Georgetown and is close to several other restaurants and hotels in the area. The entrance is located in the back of The Westin hotel at 1151 24th St. NW. Cost: $64 (Friday 4pm – Tuesday 4pm)
- City Center is a garage located in the heart of the District, less than a mile from the National Mall. Enter this location at 870 9th St. NW, located on the west side of 9th St. NW (a one-way street). Cost: $80 (Friday 4pm – Tuesday 4pm)
- 1725 Desales St. NW is a valet garage approximately one mile from the National Mall and a short walk to Dupont Circle, The White House, and other attractions. Cost: $85 (Friday 4pm – Tuesday 4pm)