This Dupont Circle condo development was once a 1906-built mansion with a music room and pipe organ before it was later used as the Embassy of Taiwan, reported UrbanTurf. The building was designed by Hornblower and Marshall, two architects whose past work include the Smithsonian's Natural History Museum and the Duncan Phillips House. In 2004, D.C.-based Zahn Design converted the development into a nine-unit condo building, called The Duncan, named after its former owner Dr. William Duncan McKim. Some of the highlights inside this 2,435-square-foot penthouse include its customizable kitchen, study space, and private rooftop terrace. With an asking price of $1.95 million, the two-level condo also offers 13-foot-high ceilings, original stained glass and two-story windows, and a wood burning fireplace. The monthly HOA dues total $826.
· 1701 18th Street NW, Ph 402 [HomeVisit]
· The Duncan [Official Website]
· This Week's Find: 2,400 Square Feet of Loft Space in Former Embassy [UrbanTurf]
Have a suggestion for a home that should be featured on Curbed DC? Let us know!