Get ready, National Harbor's enormous new observation wheel is on its way. In fact, at the time of this posting, it's stopped just north of the marina at Solomons. This news isn't courtesy of a crystal ball, by the way; there's a live map tracking the progress of the tugboat. So, you too can check up on The Rising Sun as it makes its way down from Baltimore. Will it actually arrive in National Harbor by tomorrow? Who knows with tonight's planned snowfall, but the Capital Wheel's Twitter account has some beautiful photos of its journey through the Chesapeake Bay. We've included a few in the gallery above.
· Live Ships Map - The Rising Sun [Marine Traffic]
· The Capital Wheel at National Harbor [Official Site]
· The Capital Wheel [Facebook]
· Hey Kids, National Harbor is Getting an Observation Wheel [CDC]
· Private Parties, Live Video and More Capital Wheel Revelations [CDC]