The year is almost over, and it's time to look back at all of the good times in real estate and see what really shined. Washington, D.C. saw a lot of big real estate news in 2014, but what interested Curbed readers the most? Here now, Curbed DC's top 10 most read posts of the year.
10) The Twelve Richest Neighborhoods in D.C. Right Now See which neighborhoods have the most moolah in the area. Some of the neighborhoods include Cleveland Park, Logan Circle, and Georgetown. What made the top three?
9) Here's Where To Go In D.C. To Catch An Outdoor Movie
Prepare for summer film screenings by knowing what are the best locations in the Washington Metropolitan area. They include Movies on the Square and National Harbor Movies on the Potomac
8) Our Nation's Ugliest Building
Mark Twain is said to have called it the ugliest building in America. Take a look at the Eisenhower Executive Office Building and see if you agree.
7) The 18 Most Essential Hotels in Washington D.C., March '14
Every year, Curbed DC puts together a handy guide of the 18 hotels that you should know and that you should stay in. They range from the elegant to the flashy, each mapped so you can know which is the best for your needs.
6) D.C.'s Changes: 11 Projects to Watch in the Next 11 Months
These are some of the many game-changing projects that everyone should be on the edge of their seat for. We mapped where each of the projects were so you can know if any are in your area.
5) This Map Of Northern Virginia Will Probably Offend Everyone
If you know Virginia, you know this map is too true and too clever. It looks at different areas in the state and each neighborhood's stereotypes. Some of the descriptions include piegeonholing Vienna with "Indian Doctors" and Dumfries with "Rednecks With Some Teeth."
4) 9 Important Things To Know About Appraisals And Comps
There is no exact science when it comes to knowing how much a home is worth, but we can help you learn all of the rules and regulations in an easy-to-read list. We go over the many things you should consider when pricing a home in your mind, such as square footage pitfalls and amenities.
3) Washington Wizards' Marcin Gortat Nabs $1.6M Arlington Home
Marcin Gortat has been described as "the most interesting man in the NBA," and can now be described as man with one of the most expensive listings on the market. This home includes more than enough room for the 6-foot-11 athlete with 10-foot-high ceilings and more.
2) 18 Great Places to Watch Fireworks While Avoiding the Mall
While some can sit back on their couches and watch fireworks from their television screens, you know that you deserve better quality than 1080p. Learn how to get up close and personal to Washington's fireworks with our map of the best locations in the area.
1) Three Horrifyingly True Stories from Real Estate Agents
This post includes absolutely true stories from real estate agents in national real estate brokerage Redfin. The stories range from the distressing to the absolutely alarming with one real estate agent having to call the police.