clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

The Corner of 14th and U Looked Very Different in 1907


[Old image courtesy of Flickr user rockcreek via Library of Congress/New photo via Flickr user NCinDC]

The corner of 14th & U Street NW has been a hotbed of change even within the past six years, much less the past 106 years. Where the Frank D. Reeves Center of Municipal Affairs stands now, the United States Savings Bank stood in 1907. It was later demolished, but even the Reeves Center, a symbol of neighborhood revitalization a few decades ago, may look very different in a couple of years if the D.C. United stadium deal goes through and developer Akridge receives the building.