The Washington Nationals may play in Southeast D.C. now, but from 1911 until 1965, Washington's baseball team, the Senators, played in a stadium off Georgia Avenue called Griffith Stadium. The Washington Redskins also called this stadium home for nearly a quarter century. When this photo was taken in 1913, it was still called National Park (and also Boundary Field). It wasn't renamed Griffith Stadium, after team owner Clark Griffith (and slugger shown above) until 1920. The previous iteration of the park had burned down in 1911 and after four years of no use, this stadium also became rubble in 1965. Howard University Hospital currently stands in that spot.
· Griffith Stadium [Wikipedia]