Redskins' quarterback Robert Griffin III's home purchase in Loudoun County excited new neighbors and intrigued football fans and real estate buffs alike. However, his luxury digs failed to impress former Fox News pundit Glenn Beck who assumed that since the place went for a measly $2.5 million that it must be a real dump. We're confused. Let's take a look at some of the amenities in his new neighborhood of Creighton Farms, shall we?
· Recreation: Creighton Farms is a golf course community and this isn't just any golf course, it's a Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course. Tennis courts and a pool complex are forthcoming.
· Privacy: His is one of only fourteen homes on the 900 acre gated complex.
· Prestigious company: Some of his neighbors include CEOs of a beer distribution company and two companies (one a recruiting company and the other a technology company) that work closely with the federal government.
· Did we mention the five bedrooms? Take another look at the house's interior.
Is Beck under the expectation that football players should be paying exponentially more for their homes than say, celebrity journalists? Either way, RGIII is hardly slumming it in Leesburg.
· Glenn Beck Is Mad About RGIII's New House, for Reasons Known Only to Glenn Beck [DCist]
· A look inside RGIII's posh Creighton Farms neighborhood [WBJ]
· Notable business leaders among RGIII's new neighbors [WBJ]
· RGIII Drops $2.5 Million on Leesburg Manse [CDC]