The day is finally here for CityCenter DC. One of downtown DC's biggest current projects has just announced that the not-yet-completed condos are available for sale starting today; construction is expected to be done in the Fall of this year. Prices were announced via press release: one-bedrooms start in the $500,000s and two-bedrooms start in the $800,000s (with the priciest being a $3.5M unit). Designers Foster + Partners are never one to leave out the luxury amenities, so this building will have two roof parks (not roof decks, mind) with communal fire pits, wine storage, a spa treatment room, guest suite, gym, catering kitchen, and not to mention a primo location. These 216 units are just the condos, but the 458 apartments will be up for lease later in the year. If the NHL ever starts up again, this is the perfect place for a hockey fan to live. For a few more facts about the condos, check out the list after the jump.
A few facts from the press release:
· CityCenter Dc encompasses a ten acre parcel
· Foster + Partners, based in London, designed the units to have open layouts with natural light and outdoor spaces. Their 'solar shades' allow for light control throughout the day.
· The preview list of interested people has over 1,200 names
· It has been pre-certified gold under LEED® Neighborhood Development (which is the first project in the US to receive this certification).
· There will be over 60 shops, restaurants, and other mixed-use spaces at the ground level of these buildings.
· Residences At City Center [Official Site]
· All City Center DC coverage [CDC]
· Foster + Partners[Official Site]
· Condo Sales Start at CityCenterDC [PoP]
· CityCenter's 216-Unit Condo Project Officially Begins Sales [UrbanTurf]
· CityCenterDC opens condo sales starting at $500,000 [WBJ]