clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

The Ninety/Ten Split That Made Arlington The Way It Is Today

Forty years ago some Arlington urban planners got together and decided to push for high-density growth in 11% of the county's land and keep "hard edges" in place so the remaining 89% would be mostly single-family homes. That eleven percent is along the two Metro corridors (not like we needed to tell you that Clarendon is high-density) and is all part of Arlington's "smart growth" plan. For about ten minutes of background check out the video after the break, with maps and everything.

· Arlington's Smart Growth [YouTube]