Here now, From Curbed Marketplace, highlighting an intriguing real estate listing from the many thousands of properties found in the Curbed Marketplace. Browsing the Marketplace and spot a property worthy of being featured? Send it to the tipline.
Georgetown-based architect Hugh Newell Jacobsen has left his mark on homes all over the country (thanks to places like this bonkers mansion near Lake Erie), but here's one that is just over Chain Bridge that is asking nine million dollars. That is for a four thousand square foot, four bed, five and a half bath contemporary pad with a long stretch of waterfront views. The sellers are really pushing the contemporary angle and have even chosen an upbeat groove to accompany the slideshow, but since it is ten minutes away from a conservative $8.5M manse that is more than three times the size it is going to have to go out of its way to distinguish itself as a house for the hip crowd.
· Listing: 1003 Crest Lane [Zillow]
· Georgetown's Hugh Jacobsen Designed This Bonkers Mansion(s) Before Being Fired Without Cause [CDC]
· Slideshow: 1003 Crest Lane [CirclePix]
· Who Will Get The Putting Green? Republican Power Couple Lists McLean Power Mansion [CDC]
· Hugh Jacobsen [OfficialSite]