COLUMBIA HEIGHTS—Next month the DC Community Heritage Project Showcase takes place where, according the press release you are guaranteed to learn something about DC. Tickets are free, but required. [Eventbrite via CurbedInbox]
UNION MARKET—Brave the crowds and experience the newly revamped Union Market that is now open weekdays. If you're going this weekend there are some special events on all details after the jump. [CurbedInbox]
Five Ways We're Celebrating Union Market This Weekend:
1) Amanda McClements will be hosting a holiday gift pop-up shop on November 9th, 10th and 11th. This is a preview for her new lifestyle boutique, Salt & Sundry, opening soon.
2) Crafty Bastards Arts & Crafts Fair – Saturday, November 10th from 10AM – 5PM in the Union Market parking lot. Admission is $5. The Crafty Bastards Arts & Crafts Fair, in its ninth year, is an exhibition and sale of handmade alternative arts and crafts from independent artists presented by the Washington City Paper.
3) Foodie & The Beast Radio Show will broadcast live from Union Market on Sunday, November 11th from 11AM – 12PM. The show will feature Union Market vendors as well as Richie Brandenburg, Director of Culinary Strategy for EDENS.
4) Lamb Burger Cook-Off, sponsored by the American Lamb Board, will take place Sunday, November 11th from 12PM – 1PM. Five DC bloggers will compete in a cook-off judged by a panel of professional judges, as well as market patrons.
5) The American Red Cross will hold a blood drive sponsored by Yelp!DC on Sunday, November 11th from 11AM – 4PM.