Southeast got a huge boost over the weekend when Canal Park opened, ice skating rink included. Many of the usual DC officials were there for the official ribbon cutting on Friday, but it didn't take long for the crowds to check out the ice rink and the rest of the park. Here's a round up of some of local coverage, mostly lots of pictures of happy people.
· Canal Park [OfficialSite]
· Hill's Eye View: Canal Park in the Viewfinder [THiH]
· Dedication of Canal Park [NormanMetzgerFlickr]
· Canal Park's Opening Weekend [NeigborhoodNomads]
· Canal Park [JDLand]
· Canal Park features greenery, fun and a 10,000-square-foot skating path for all ages [WaPo]