INTERWEBS—Redfin is on the hunt for the iconic homes in each of the eighteen markets where they have a presence. The homes have to be on the market and represent the epitome of that city's architectural design. So that means Federal and colonial rowhouses in DC are in order. The press release explains all the details or see their Facebook page and the house that gets the most votes will get all sorts of free publicity. [Facebook]
SEATTLE—October 16, 2012—Redfin, the technology-powered real estate brokerage, today announced the launch of a consumer-driven search for the most iconic homes for sale across the country—just for fun. Whether it is a houseboat in Seattle, a classic Tudor in Chicago, or a Colonial in Boston, any home for sale in one of 19 regions is eligible. Find favorites in your hometown, vacation destination, college town, dream-home location, or all of the above.
How it works:
· Nominations are being accepted today through October 21. Nominate a home one of three ways:
1. Comment on the Redfin blog post with the home's address or a link to the home's active listing on Redfin.com.
2. Follow Redfin on Twitter, then Tweet a link to the home's Redfin.com listing. Be sure to include #iconichomes and @redfin.
3. Like Redfin on Facebook, then post a comment on the wall with the home's address or link to its Redfin.com listing. Be sure to mention "Iconic Homes" and include this link: http://bit.ly/P5t7jw
· On Wednesday, October 24, Redfin will announce the finalists, with the permission of each home's listing agent.
· Everyone can vote for their favorite from Wednesday, October 24 to Tuesday, October 30, at www.facebook.com/redfin.
· On Monday, November 5, Redfin will announce the winners.
"We all can imagine those homes that embody a city's character," said Scott Nagel, head of real estate operations at Redfin. "Redfin's search for America's iconic homes among those for sale is a fun way to get people excited about owning one, as well as tap into people's hometown pride and competitive spirit."
Homeowners and agents are encouraged to nominate their homes and "get out the vote" starting October 24.
The homes that receive the most votes will be included in Redfin's Iconic Homes of America news release and featured on the Redfin real estate blog, e-mail campaign and website.
Participating cities/regions include Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Las Vegas, Long Island/Westchester County (NY), Los Angeles, Orange County, Portland (OR), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Sacramento, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle and Washington, DC.
Facebook® is a registered trademark of Facebook Inc.
Redfin (www.redfin.com) is a technology-powered real estate broker that represents people buying and selling homes. Founded and run by technologists, Redfin has a team of experienced, full-service real estate agents who are advocates, not sales-people, earning customer-satisfaction bonuses, not commissions. Redfin's online tools feature all the broker-listed homes for sale, as well as for-sale-by-owner properties that don't pay brokers a commission. The company serves 19 U.S. markets and has closed more than $5 billion in home sales. In 2012, Redfin was named one of The World's Most Valuable Private Tech Companies by Business Insider. Follow us on blog.redfin.com,Twitter @redfin and Facebook.com/Redfin.