Before August gets too far away from us we thought we would look back at what won the popularity contest for the month. The lists of most expensive sales so far this year got a lot of attention, with more people wanting to know about sales in Virginia than Maryland or DC. Of course everyone wanted to know who bought the most expensive house around (Evermay, which sold for $22M) and more than a few people were interested in the several properties that Ted Leonsis bought and sold.
Besides the lists, our readers kept their interest in green building alive by learning about Northern Virginia's first Passive House under construction as well the design style of luxury architect Travis Price. He gave a video interview and described his approach as 'ecological modernism'. At the other end of the spectrum was the interest in seeing inside the homes of two Real Housewives Of DC—one who can't find a buyer for her McLean house and the other who just moved to Beverly Hills to capitalize on the publicity she got by crashing a White House party.
· The Top Five Sales Of The DC Area Overall (So Far This Year)
· Meet The Newest Owners of Evermay—DC's Most Expensive House
· The Top Five Sales Of Washington DC So Far This Year
· The Top Five Sales Of Nearby Virginia So Far This Year
· The Top Five Sales Of Nearby Maryland So Far This Year
· All Marwood/Ted Leonsis Coverage
· It's All About The Windows For Arlington's First Passive House
· Travis Price Describes His Style As Ecology Modernism
· Reality Bites For Real Housewife Of DC, Mary Amons
· Salahis Move To Beverly Hills In Effort To Become Famous