The building going up at 1st and M Streets in Northeast is now officially called Archstone First + M, perhaps so it doesn't get confused with the other Archstone building going up in NoMa over on K Street. We got word on some more specifics about this 469-unit project that is expected to deliver in July 2012 and the perks are en fuego. The breakdown of the units is: one bedrooms (192), two bedrooms (206), and three bedrooms (71). But the amenities are what every hipster wants to hear. Not only is there bike storage, but also a bike maintenance facility, professional-grade pet washing stations, and two soundproof rooms for music practice or meditation (not simultaneously). We've got the full list of amenities—like the gym and chef's display kitchen in the resident lounge—after the break.
• Chef’s Display Kitchen -The hub of resident social life centered on a professional grade chef’s kitchen, communal table – space opens to the courtyard which has an outdoor dining area and is adjacent to a resident lounge.
• 24-hour Fitness Center - 5,000 sq. ft. fully-equipped health club and spa centered on a photosynthesizing green wall. Fitness center also has a an outdoor yoga area, a spin studio, locker rooms and a lounge area
• 16,000 sq. ft. courtyard with rolling terrain, a grove of shade trees and reflecting pools for relaxation and private outdoor rooms - four unique spaces (dining, media, fire, and water) carved into the courtyard landscape.
• Rooftop Resort - Three season heated lap pool with sun-deck, lounge areas, hot tub and spa like facilities. Raised portion of the roof deck offering expansive views of Downtown, DC
• Click Cafe - WiFi service and cafe environment with full height windows overlooking the 1st
Street Park (see below).
• Media Room- theater for movies, presentations and other performances.
• Resident lounge with two sound-proof studios for music practice, recording, arts, or individual meditation (rooms overlook space)
• Pet Spa - Professional-grade bathing and drying equipment for pets.
• Bike Workshop- Storage and maintenance facility for both casual bikers and enthusiasts.
• 1st Street Park - Lawn panels, plantings and benches with specialty paved sidewalks establishing the block in front of the project as the community's green space. An outdoor screen and large retail display windows showcasing the property amenities inside will both entice passers-by and activate the streetscape.
• Crown molding throughout apartment
• Inset doors with arched openings leading into bedrooms
• Defined entrance foyers with coat closets
• Full sized walkout exterior balconies with window swing-door access
• Built-in bookcases in select units
• Floor to ceiling glass windows in the living rooms of select units
• Wood floors in the foyer, kitchen, living and dining rooms.
• Kitchen cabinets with glass doors
• Stainless steel refrigerators, stoves, ovens and microwaves
• Granite countertops open to living area with bar counter.
• Full sized pantry in every kitchen
• Pull-out kitchen faucets and double bowl sinks
• Most bedrooms designed with en-suite bathroom
• Large walk-in closets
• His and Hers walk-in closets in select units
• Double vanities in select units with cultured marble countertops
• Full sized linen closet in each bathroom
• Premium bathtubs, designed for soaking, with headrests and armrests
• Second (public) access to bathrooms from living area
Misc. Unit Features:
• Full-sized (stackable) washer and dryer in each unit
• Designer lighting package throughout
· Archstone NoMa Apartments [Facebook]
· NoMa News [CDC]